What are Functional Foods?
Benefits of Functional Foods
Functional foods contain several POWERFUL and nutrient-rich VITAMINS, MINERALS, and PROBIOTICS.
They not only prevent nutrient deficiencies but they also protect against disease and promote proper growth and development.
What are the benefits and the best examples of functional foods that just about everyone could use? Take a look at this list of 6 ESSENTIAL BENEFITS of functional foods and learn which foods qualify as functional.
Maqui berries, Goji Berries, Acai Berries, Elderberries, and Raspberries are an excellent source of VITAMIN and MINERAL support.
● Maqui: The Maqui berry is rich in anthocyanins, which are potent antioxidants that have been linked to a healthier heart.
● Goji: Goji berries have been used in traditional medicine to prevent illness and infection.
● Acai: Acai is incredibly rich in antioxidants, boasting three times the amount found in blueberries.
● Elderberry: Elderberries have 10 grams of fiber per cup, which is about 36% of the daily value.
● Raspberry: The fiber in raspberries can also help manage or even prevent heart disease.
Learn more about Immune supports + Chocolate Immunity
● Maca Root: Maca is the root of a vegetable native to the Andes region of Peru and is said to boost energy and libido. Maca root powder is high in carbs and rich in several nutrients, including vitamin C, copper, and iron.
● Coffee: Brewed from the roasted seeds, or "beans," of the coffee plant, coffee breaks down body fat, making free fatty acids available to act as fuel.
Learn more about Energy supports + Chocolate Boost
Hibiscus, rosehip, and 5-HTP raise the serotonin levels in your body, giving you a naturally happy “high” and PREVENTING symptoms of DEPRESSION, ANXIETY, and other body stressors.
● Hibiscus: Hibiscus plants are known for their large, colorful flowers with medicinal uses to help treat various conditions. Hibiscus may help people with hypertension and type 2 diabetes.
● Rosehip: Rose hips are the round portion of the rose flower just below the petals that contain the seeds of the rose plant. Rosehip can normalize blood sugar levels and keep cholesterol in check
● 5-HTP: 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is a chemical that the body makes from tryptophan, an essential amino acid that you get from food. 5-HTP is thought to treat depression by increasing serotonin levels.
Lavender, chamomile, and melatonin are the perfect trio to LET GO of DAILY STRESS and ANXIETY so you achieve a deep and restful sleep.
● Lavender: Lavender is a well-known and fragrant plant with gray-green foliage and upright flower spikes. Lavender contains linalool with anti-inflammatory components that help with pain relief.
● Chamomile: Chamomile is an herb that comes from the daisy-like flowers of the Asteraceae plant family. Chamomile can protect against diarrhea, stomach ulcers, nausea, and gas, due to its anti-inflammatory effects.
● Melatonin: Melatonin is the "sleep hormone" and is a central part of the body's sleep-wake cycle. Melatonin is most commonly used for insomnia and improving the overall quality of sleep.
Adaptogens are plants, such as mushrooms, that help REDUCE the effects of STRESS on your body. Lions Mane and Chaga are the mushrooms responsible for PROTECTING the BRAIN and body’s central nervous system neurons and enhancing memory.
Created with your wellness in mind, our mission is to offer the highest quality chocolates that help nourish your mind, body, and soul.
Learn more about Functional Chocolate Bites!